Monday, December 8th 2008
- The Halifax Lions had two of last week's top scorers. Chad Locke picked up nine points in three games while teammate Jonathan McArthur notched seven. Locke’s four goals and McArthur’s two made up half of Halifax's scoring for the week. Joining Locke with four goals this week were Dieppe's Travis Perry and Truro's Jon Reid.
- Locke and McArthur also led the assists category with five apiece. Yarmouth's Jordan Scott, Truro's Dana Fraser and Dieppe's Antonio Mekary had four assists each.
- Scott, the league's leading scorer, continued his torrid pace with seven points. He now has 52 points on the year and has a solid hold on the top spot with eight more points than second-placed Western Capital Brad Smith. Locke currently sits in third place with 43 points, one ahead of Miramichi's Chris Owens.
- Scott also improved his goal total to 27, now four ahead of Miramichi's Dylan Bellmore, who has 23. Locke is third in goals with 21, moving ahead of Dieppe’s Ryan Stoddard, who has 20. Owens held on to the helpers lead with 33. McArthur is two behind at 31.
- Bearcat Kirk Rafuse and Western Capital Alex Dupuis posted 1.44 goals-against averages for the week after each allowed 3 in two full games plus an overtime. Both won in shootouts in the games that required extra time. Rafuse faced more shots, notching a .956 save percentage, while Dupuis posted a .946. Mariner Justin Collier was at .947 in his 125 minutes, facing 95 shots.
- Although he didn’t play during the week, Truro’s Richard Gagnon held on to his stat leads with a 2.19 GAA and a .926 SP on the year. Amherst's Andrew Flemming is second in SP at .919 while Dupuis is the runner-up in GAA at 2.59.