CJHL Media Update
Release Date: Monday, October 18, 2021
Latest CJHL Top 20 Rankings released
CALGARY, Alta. – The Canadian Junior Hockey League (CJHL) announced Monday its latest Top 20 Rankings, which conclude for the period ending Oct. 17.
Tabbed the No. 1 CJHL club in this edition of the weekly listings, which are selected by an independent scouting service, are Trenton Golden Hawks (OJHL).
Under head coach and general manager Peter Goulet, his Trenton side are unbeaten to begin play in the Ontario Junior Hockey League, sporting a 7-0 record to date.
Sitting No. 2 nationally is another OJHL squad, in the Georgetown Raiders.
They too have yet to taste defeat early in the campaign.
Perennial CJHL power, the Brooks Bandits (AJHL) have moved to No. 3 in the weekly rankings.
At 11-1, the Bandits sit atop the table in Alberta while pacing the AJHL in goals-for with 84 and having allowed the fewest against at 20.
Up to No. 4 is the Timmins Rock (NOJHL).
Holding down top spot in northern Ontario, the Rock are unbeaten in regulation to date with a solid 8-0-1-0 mark.
Rounding out the Top 5 is the Burlington Cougars (OJHL), who have also not suffered a loss in each of their 60-minute contests, with their only blemish being an OT setback.
The following are the latest CJHL Top 20 Rankings:
CJHL TOP 20 RANKINGS (As of Oct. 18)
RANK TEAM (LEAGUE) (Previous ranking)
1. Trenton Golden Hawks (OJHL) (6)
2. Georgetown Raiders (OJHL) (8)
3. Brooks Bandits (AJHL) (7)
4. Timmins Rock (NOJHL) (5)
5. Burlington Cougars (OJHL) (12)
6. Winnipeg Blues (MJHL) (8)
7. Steinbach Pistons (MJHL) (9)
8. Ottawa Jr. A Senators (CCHL) (1)
9. North York Rangers (OJHL) (17)
10. Fort McMurray Oil Barons (AJHL) (20)
11. Panthères de St-Jérôme (LHJAAAQ) (11)
12. Condors Beauce-Appalaches (LHJAAAQ) (6)
13. Thunder Bay North Stars (SIJHL) (10)
14. Dauphin Kings (MJHL) (NR)
15. Amherst Ramblers (MHL) (NR)
16. Melfort Mustangs (SJHL) (14)
17. Summerside Western Capitals (MHL) (NR)
18. Navan Grads (CCHL) (NR)
19. Waywayseecappo Wolverines (MJHL) (NR)
20. Flin Flon Bombers (SJHL) (NR)
HONOURABLE MENTION: Camrose Kodiaks (AJHL); Drayton Valley Thunder (AJHL); Red Lake Miners (SIJHL); Soo Eagles (NOJHL); Soo Thunderbirds (NOJHL)
ABOUT THE RANKINGS: The weekly CJHL Top 20 Rankings are compiled during the seasons by an independent scouting service and are determined using a variety of factors during the process.
ABOUT THE CJHL: The Canadian Junior Hockey League is a national organization comprised of nine Junior A leagues from Alberta to the Maritimes. The CJHL currently represents 115 teams and well over 2,500 players. There are also 3,000-plus CJHL alumni furthering their hockey careers at the NHL, AHL, ECHL, SPHL, NCAA, U SPORTS, and CHL levels across North America as well as leagues across Europe. For the latest CJHL news and features, visit cjhlhockey.com and follow on social media at @cjhlhockey & facebook.com/canadianjuniorhockeyleague.
For more information, contact:
Canadian Junior Hockey League
Director of Communications
Canadian Junior Hockey League