2019 Eastlink South Division Semi-Finals
(2) Amherst Ramblers vs (3) South Shore Lumberjacks
Game 1 – Friday, March 15th, 7:00 PM – Amherst Stadium
Game 2 – Sunday, March 17th, 7:00 PM – Lunenburg County Lifestyle Centre
Game 3 – Tuesday, March 19th, 7:30 PM – Amherst Stadium
Game 4 – Thursday, March 21st, 7:00 PM – Lunenburg County Lifestyle Centre
Game 5 – Saturday, March 23rd, 7:00 PM – Amherst Stadium*
Game 6 – Monday, March 25th, 7:00 PM – Lunenburg County Lifestyle Centre*
Game 7 – Wednesday, March 27th, 7:00 PM – Amherst Stadium*
|Record (MHL Rank)||36-11-1-2 (3rd)||27-20-3-0 6th()|
|Last 10 Games (current streak)||9-0-0-1 (10-0-0-1)||8-2-0-0 (3-0-0-0)|
|Goals For (MHL Rank)||204 (4th)||211 (3rd)|
|Goals Against (MHL Rank)||134 (3rd)||200 (9th)|
|Powerplay % (MHL Rank)||19.8% (4th)||18.7 (7th)|
|Penalty Kill % (MHL Rank)||83.5% (3rd)||77.1 (10th)|
|Top Scorer (MHL Rank)||Caleb Rich – 22G, 32A (16th)||Nicolas Tardif – 31G, 37A (6th)|
|Top Scoring Defenseman||Dawson Grenier – 7G, 19A||Mitchell Arseneau – 4G, 26A|
|Top Goaltender||Matt Williams – 24-7-1-2, 2.51 GAA, .924 SV%, 4 SO||Ty Grant – 17-10-1-0, 3.57 GAA, .884 SV%, 0 SO|
|Head to Head Record||5-1-1-0, 11 pts, 27 GF||2-4-1-0, 5 pts, 19 GF|
|Leading Scorer in Season Series||Caleb Rich – 5G, 5A||Logan O’Neil – 3G, 4A
Nicolas Tardif – 1G, 6A
South Shore 5 Amherst 2 – September 22nd
South Shore 2 @ Amherst 4 – October 5th
Amherst 4 @ South Shore 3 (OT) – October 12th
Amherst 4 @ South Shore 5 (OT) – November 9th
South Shore 1 @ Amherst 4 – January 12th
South Shore 2 @ Amherst 7 – January 16th
Amherst 2 @ South Shore 1 – March 1st
- Amherst and South Shore are meeting for the second straight season. The Lumberjacks beat the Ramblers at home in Game 7 to advance to the Eastlink South Division Final, where they lost in five games to Yarmouth. This year, the roles are reversed, with Amherst holding the home-ice advantage.
- On the final day of the regular season, the Ramblers set a new single-season franchise win record with their 36th. That broke the previous mark of 35 in 2006-07.
- Nicolas Tardif led the Lumberjacks in scoring, and paced the entire MHL in goals in February and March with 15 as South Shore fended off the Bearcats and Crushers to claim the 3rd seed in the Eastlink South.
- The Ramblers might have the second-best goaltending tandem in the league with Matt Williams and Joel Goguen. The pair had the fourth and sixth best goals against average (2.51 for Williams, 2.65 for Goguen) with a combined five shutout. Williams also posted the second best save percentage at .924, tied with Campbellton’s Tristan Gray.
- South Shore scored the third most goals this season, slightly ahead of Amherst, but allowed 66 more goals.
- Staying out of the penalty box will be key for South Shore. Josh Nicholson led the MHL in penalty minutes with 168, taking 34 minor penalties along the way. The Lumberjacks have a home penalty killing percentage of 74.5, second worst in the league.