2019 Eastlink South Division Final
(1) Yarmouth Mariners vs (3) South Shore Lumberjacks
Game 1 – Saturday, March 30th, 7:30 PM – Mariners Centre
Game 2 – Monday, April 1st, 7:00 PM – Lunenburg County Lifestyle Centre
Game 3 – Wednesday, April 3rd, 7:00 PM – Mariners Centre
Game 4 – Friday, April 5th, 7:00 PM – Lunenburg County Lifestyle Centre
Game 5 – Sunday, April 7th, 7:00 PM – Mariners Centre*
Game 6 – Tuesday, April 9th, 7:00 PM – Lunenburg County Lifestyle Centre*
Game 7 – Thursday, April 11th, 7:00 PM – Mariners Centre*
|Regular Season Record (MHL Rank)||36-9-3-2 (2nd)||27-20-3-0 (6th)|
|Semifinal Result||Defeated Truro 4-0||Defeated Amherst 4-3|
|Previous Appearance in Division Final||2017-18 – Defeated South Shore 4-1||2017-18 – Lost to Yarmouth 4-1|
|Playoff Goals For per game (MHL Rank)*||4.5||3.7|
|Playoff Goals Against per game (MHL Rank)*||1.25||3.9|
|Playoff Powerplay % (MHL Rank)*||38.1%||21.7%|
|Playoff Penalty Kill % (MHL Rank)*||92.9%||80.0%|
|Playoff Top Scorer||Logan Timmons – 3G, 3A||Christian Tsukamoto – 5G, 7A|
|Playoff Top Scoring Defenseman||Chris Goreham – 5A||Josh Nicholson – 5A|
|Playoff Goaltender Stats||Tyler Caseley – 4-0-0, 1.27 GAA, .950 SV%, 0 SO||Ty Grant – 4-3-0, 3.47 GAA, .907 SV%, 0 SO|
|Head to Head Record||3-2-1-1, 8 pts, 31 GF||4-3-0-0, 8 pts, 30 GF|
|Leading Scorer in Season Series||Matt Barron – 5G, 6A
Brett Crossley – 5G, 6A
|Christian Tsukamoto – 7G, 4A|
Yarmouth 5 @ South Shore 1 – September 27th
South Shore 5 @ Yarmouth 4 – October 13th
South Shore 5 @ Yarmouth 4 (OT) – January 5th
Yarmouth 4 @ South Shore 3 – February 7th
South Shore 6 @ Yarmouth 4 – February 8th
Yarmouth 4 @ South Shore 3 – February 15th
Yarmouth 6 @ South Shore 7 (SO) – March 3rd
- Yarmouth and South Shore are meeting in the Division Final for the second straight season. Yarmouth took the 2017-18 matchup in five games, outscoring South Shore 23-13 in the series.
- While Matt Barron and Brett Crossley had the most points for Yarmouth in the head to head matchup, Landon Quinney actually had more points against South Shore overall. Quinney, acquired from Valley at the deadline, had two goals and four assists in four games as a member of the Wildcats to go with three goals and five assists against the Lumberjacks as a member of the Mariners.
- Two-thirds of South Shore’s goals (20) against Yarmouth this season came from Nicolas Tardif, Christian Tsukamoto, Logan O’Neil, and Bair Gendunov. Those four, plus Cody Grant, are all in the top seven in playoff points.
- The Lumberjacks were one of just three teams with a winning record against Yarmouth. Amherst equalled South Shore’s 4-3-0-0 mark against the Mariners, while Edmundston were 2-1-0-0.
- Yarmouth’s powerplay was on fire against Truro, registering eight goals in 21 opportunities. South Shore took the fewest penalty minutes during the regular season (908), and are tied with Summerside and St. Stephen for the fewest in the playoffs (64) despite being involved in the only seven-game series of the first round.
- Yarmouth and South Shore were 1-2 in terms of shorthanded goals during the regular season. The Mariners topped the league with nine, while South Shore was tied with Summerside at eight. The Mariners scored one shorthanded goal in the first round against Truro.