2018 Eastlink South Division Semi-Finals
(2) South Shore Lumberjacks vs. (3) Amherst Ramblers
Game 1 – Wednesday, March 14th, 7:00PM – Lunenburg County Lifestyle Center
Game 2 – Saturday, March 17th, 7:00PM – Amherst Stadium
Game 3 – Monday, March 19th, 7:00PM – Lunenburg County Lifestyle Center
Game 4 – Wednesday, March 21st, 7:00PM – Amherst Stadium
Game 5 – Friday, March 23rd, 7:00PM – Lunenburg County Lifestyle Center*
Game 6 – Sunday, March 25th, 7:00PM – Amherst Stadium*
Game 7 – Monday, March 26th, 7:00PM – Lunenburg County Lifestyle Center*
|Record (MHL Rank)||31-15-2-2 – 66 pts (T-4th)||27-11-6-6 – 66 pts (T-4th)|
|Last 10 Games (current streak)||6-4-0-0 (won 3)||7-3-0-0 (won 1)|
|Goals For (MHL Rank)||193 (2nd)||181 (4th)|
|Goals Against (MHL Rank)||132 (2nd)||158 (T-6th)|
|Powerplay Efficiency (MHL Rank)||16.9% (9th)||19.4% (7th)|
|Penalty Kill Efficiency (MHL Rank)||81.2% (6th)||76.7% (11th)|
|Top Scorer (MHL Rank)||Logan O’Neil (26-29-55 – 10th)||Jordan King (28-50-78 – 3rd)|
|Top Scoring Defenseman||Matthew Paul (9-29-38)||Dawson Grenier (6-25-31)|
|Top Goaltender||MacKenzie Janes (16-8, 2.39GAA, .920SV%, 1SO)||Joel Goguen (15-8-3, 2.66GAA, .915SV%)|
|Head to Head Record||3-2-0-1, 7 pts, 22 GF||3-3-0-0, 6 pts, 17 GF|
|Leading Scorer in Season Series||Logan O’Neil (5G, 7A)||Jordan King (4G, 4A)|
Amherst 3 @ South Shore 5 – October 27th
South Shore 4 @ Amherst 7 – October 28th
Amherst 4 @ South Shore 3(SO) – December 1st
South Shore 1 @ Amherst 2 – January 6th
South Shore 4 @ Amherst 1 – January 27th
Amherst 2 @ South Shore 5 – February 8th
- Not only does this series mark a return to the postseason for the Lumberjacks after a one year hiatus, it also represents the first time ever that the club holds home ice advantage in a playoff series since moving to Bridgewater in 2008.
- The Ramblers are looking to build on their playoff success of last year, when they advanced to the second round of the MHL playoffs for the first time since 2013.
- The last time the Ramblers faced the Lumberjacks franchise in the postseason, the team was still located in Halifax and known as the Wolverines. In the 2008 Bent Division Mini-Series, Amherst defeated the Wolverines in a three game sweep.
- The Lumberjacks lay claim to the greatest increase in total points from the previous regular season. South Shore’s 66 points were 29 more than their total for the 2016-17 season.
- A balanced attack with benefit both sides in this series – Amherst and South Shore boast a combined 14 players who reached double digits in goals during the regular season – eight on the Lumberjacks and six on the Ramblers
- The season series between the Ramblers and Lumberjacks featured both higher than usual offensive output and close games. Four of the six games in their season series featured a minimum of seven goals combined. As well, three games were decided by two goals or less.
Will MacLaren – themhl.ca