Eastlink South Division Final
(1) Yarmouth Mariners vs. (2) South Shore Lumberjacks
Game 1 – Saturday, March 31st, 7:30PM – Mariners Center
Game 2 – Monday, April 2nd, 7:00PM – Lunenburg County Lifestyle Center
Game 3 – Wednesday, April 4th, 7:00PM – Mariners Center
Game 4 – Friday, April 6th 7:00PM – Lunenburg County Lifestyle Center
Game 5 – Sunday, April 8th, 7:00PM – Mariners Center *
Game 6 – Monday, April 9th, 7:00PM – Lunenburg County Lifestyle Center *
Game 7 – Wednesday, April 11th, 7:00PM – Mariners Center *
|Semi-Final Result||Defeated Truro 4-3||Defeated Amherst 4-3|
|Previous Appearance in Division Final||2012 (Defeated Amherst 4-3)||2016 (lost 4-1 to Pictou County)|
|Playoff Goals For per game (MHL Rank)*||1.71 (4th)||4.28 (1st)|
|Playoff Goals Against per game (MHL Rank)*||2.11 (1st)||2.94 (2nd)|
|Playoff Top Scorer (MHL Rank)||Patrick Daley (0-4-4 – T-24th)||Mateo Short (8-5-13 1st)|
|Playoff Top Scoring Defenseman||Ben Chipman (2-1-3)||Matthew Paul (3-5-8)|
|Playoff Goaltender Stats||Leif Hertz (4-3, 2.07GAA, 1SO, .932SV%)||MacKenzie Janes (4-3, 2.94GAA, .917SV%)|
|Head to Head Record||1-5-0-0, 2 pts, 18 GF||5-1-0-0, 10 pts, 30 GF|
|Leading Scorer in Season Series||Aaron Maillet (4G, 3A)||Mateo Short (8G, 1A)|
*MHL Rank among remaining playoff teams only
Yarmouth 4 @ South Shore 7 – November 4th
South Shore 4 @ Yarmouth 1 – November 10th
Yarmouth 5 @ South Shore 6 – December 8th
South Shore 4 @ Yarmouth 5 – December 9th
Yarmouth 1 @ South Shore 4 – December 29th
South Shore 5 @ Yarmouth 2 – March 9th
- Despite playing two hours down the road from one another since 2008 – and playing in the same division since 2004, when the Lumberjacks entered the league as the Halifax Wolverines – this is the first time these two teams have faced off in the postseason.
- The Mariners’ seven game victory over the Truro Bearcats in the Eastlink South Division Semi-Finals represented their first playoff series win since the 2012 Bent Division Final, when they defeated Amherst, also in seven games.
- After not reaching the league’s division final in their first seven seasons in Bridgewater, this is the second trip to the Eastlink Division Final in the past three years for the Lumberjacks.
- Both the Mariners and Lumberjacks enter this series coming off seven game division semi-final triumphs over the Truro Bearcats and Amherst Ramblers, respectively. The last time two clubs met up in the MHL postseason after going the full seven games in their previous series was in 2016, when Dieppe faced off against Summerside in the Eastlink North Division Final.
- One of the top storylines of the series involves Lumberjacks’ forward Mateo Short. Short began his career in the MHL as an undrafted invitee to Yarmouth Mariners’ training camp in 2015. He enters this series against his former club as the playoffs’ leading point producer following the first round with 13 points in seven games.
- The Mariners will aim to be the first team in four years to advance to the MHL Championship Final after claiming the Eastlink South Division title during the regular season. The last team to earn that distinction was the 2014 Truro Bearcats.