CANADIAN JUNIOR HOCKEY LEAGUE
CJHL Media Update
Release Date: Monday, October 17, 2022
Milton Menace (OJHL) take over top spot in CJHL rankings
CALGARY, Alta. – The Canadian Junior Hockey League (CJHL) announced Monday that the Milton Menace (OJHL) have taken over the leaderboard in the latest edition of its Top 20 Rankings, which applies for the period concluding October 16.
Milton, who have yet to lose in regulation play so far this season, boast a solid 12-0-0-1 start to their campaign, and have reeled off nine consecutive victories to earn the No. 1 nod.
Coming in at No. 2 this week are the Battlefords North Stars (SJHL), who hold down first overall in Saskatchewan at 11-0-0-1 overall.
Another surging Ontario Junior Hockey League side, the Toronto Jr. Canadiens, come in at No. 3 in the 118-team CJHL, having gone 15-1-0-0 to date and sporting a solid .938 winning percentage.
Slotted No. 4 nationally are the Princeville Titan (LHJAAQ) with the club sitting in first place in Quebec at 12-1-0-0.
A third OJHL squad rounds out the Top 5 as the Collingwood Blues and also off to a strong beginning to their campaign at 12-1-0-0.
The following are the CJHL Top 20 Rankings, as well as the five Honourable Mention clubs, for the period ending Oct. 16:
CJHL TOP 20 (As of Oct. 16, 2022)
RANK TEAM (LEAGUE) (PREVIOUS RANKING)
1. Milton Menace (OJHL) (6)
2. Battlefords North Stars (SJHL) (1)
3. Toronto Jr. Canadiens (OJHL) (8)
4. Titan de Princeville (LHJAAAQ) (2)
5. Collingwood Blues (OJHL) (5)
6. Portage Terriers (MJHL) (7)
7. Humboldt Broncos (SJHL) (3)
8. Cobras de Terrebonne (LHJAAAQ) (13)
9. Brooks Bandits (AJHL) (11)
10. Summerside Western Capitals (MHL) (4)
11. Steinbach Pistons (MJHL) (9)
12. Ottawa Jr. A Senators (CCHL) (16)
13. Spruce Grove Saints (AJHL) (10)
14. Haliburton County Huskies (OJHL) (HM)
15. Rockland Nationals (CCHL) (15)
16. Kam River Fighting Walleye (SIJHL) (18)
17. Cobourg Cougars (OJHL) (17)
18. Greater Sudbury Cubs (NOJHL) (HM)
19. Hearst Lumberjacks (NOJHL) (HM)
20. Valley Wildcats (MHL) (19)
HONOURABLE MENTION: OCN Blizzard (MJHL); Renfrew Wolves (CCHL); Blind River Beavers (NOJHL); Collège Français Longueuil (LHJAAAQ); Panthères de St-Jérôme (LHJAAAQ).
ABOUT THE RANKINGS: The CJHL Top 20 Rankings are compiled during the course of the regular season by an independent scouting service and are determined using a variety of factors during the process.
ABOUT THE CJHL: The Canadian Junior Hockey League is a national organization comprised of nine Junior A leagues from Alberta to the Maritimes. The CJHL currently represents 118 teams and well over 2,500 players. There are also 3,000-plus CJHL alumni furthering their hockey careers at the NHL, AHL, ECHL, SPHL, NCAA, U SPORTS and CHL levels across North America as well as leagues across Europe. For the latest CJHL news and features, visit cjhlhockey.com and follow-on social media at @cjhlhockey & facebook.com/
Photo credit: Shawn Muir / OJHL Images
For more information, contact:
Canadian Junior Hockey League
Director of Communications
Canadian Junior Hockey League