CANADIAN JUNIOR HOCKEY LEAGUE
CJHL Media Update
Release Date: Monday, October 24, 2022
Battlefords North Stars (SJHL) back to No. 1 in CJHL rankings
CALGARY, Alta. – The Canadian Junior Hockey League (CJHL) announced Monday that the Battlefords North Stars (SJHL) are back at No. 1 in the latest compilation of its Top 20 Rankings, which applies for the period wrapping up October 23.
Rolling right along atop the 12-team overall Saskatchewan Junior Hockey League standings, Brayden Klimosko’s club sports a solid 12-0-0-1 record and a .964 winning percentage.
Dipping to No. 2 nationally in the 118-team CJHL are the Milton Menace (OJHL), who have gone 13-1-0-1 to date.
At No. 3 & 4 are a pair of Quebec AAA Junior Hockey League teams in the Terrebonne Cobras and Princeville Titan in third and fourth respectively.
Terrbonne (12-1-0-0) is playing .923 hockey at the moment under long-time head coach and general manager Robert Dubuc, who recently celebrated 1,000 LHJAAAQ games behind the bench for the Cobras.
As for Princeville, they have a 13-1-0-1 mark heading into a match-up with the No. 15-ranked Panthères de St-Jérôme Wednesday.
Moving up to No. 5 in the CJHL are the front-runners in the Manitoba Junior Hockey League, the Steinbach Pistons, who boast a 12-2-0-0 record through 14 outings.
The following are the CJHL Top 20 Rankings, as well as the five Honourable Mention clubs, for the period ending Oct. 23:
CJHL TOP 20 (As of Oct. 24, 2022)
RANK TEAM (LEAGUE) (PREVIOUS RANKING)
1. Battlefords North Stars (SJHL) (2)
2. Milton Menace (OJHL) (1)
3. Cobras de Terrebonne (LHJAAAQ) (8)
4. Titan de Princeville (LHJAAAQ) (4)
5. Steinbach Pistons (MJHL) (11)
6. Toronto Jr. Canadiens (OJHL) (3)
7. Collingwood Blues (OJHL) (5)
8. Brooks Bandits (AJHL) (9)
9. Humboldt Broncos (SJHL) (7)
10. Portage Terriers (MJHL) (6)
11. Greater Sudbury Cubs (NOJHL) (18)
12. Spruce Grove Saints (AJHL) (13)
13. Camrose Kodiaks (AJHL) (NR)
14. Summerside Western Capitals (MHL) (10)
15. Panthères de St-Jérôme (LHJAAAQ) (HM)
16. Hearst Lumberjacks (NOJHL) (19)
17. Burlington Cougars (OJHL) (NR)
18. Ottawa Jr. Senators (CCHL) (12)
19. Kam River Fighting Walleye (SIJHL) (16)
20. Smiths Falls Bears (CCHL) (NR)
HONOURABLE MENTION: Flin Flon Bombers (SJHL); Winkler Flyers (MJHL); Dryden GM Ice Dogs (SIJHL); Blind River Beavers (NOJHL); Haliburton County Huskies (OJHL).
ABOUT THE RANKINGS: The CJHL Top 20 Rankings are compiled during the course of the regular season by an independent scouting service and are determined using a variety of factors during the process.
ABOUT THE CJHL: The Canadian Junior Hockey League is a national organization comprised of nine Junior A leagues from Alberta to the Maritimes. The CJHL currently represents 118 teams and well over 2,500 players. There are also 3,000-plus CJHL alumni furthering their hockey careers at the NHL, AHL, ECHL, SPHL, NCAA, U SPORTS and CHL levels across North America as well as leagues across Europe. For the latest CJHL news and features, visit cjhlhockey.com and follow-on social media at @cjhlhockey & facebook.com/
Photo credit: Martin Martinson / battlefords NOW
For more information, contact:
Canadian Junior Hockey League
Director of Communications
Canadian Junior Hockey League