CJHL Media Update
Release Date: Monday, November 21, 2022
No. 1 in CJHL rankings still belongs to SJHL’s Battlefords North Stars
TORONTO, Ont. – The latest Canadian Junior Hockey League (CJHL) Top 20 Rankings are out and the No. 1 slot still belongs to the Battlefords North Stars (SJHL).
In the listings, for the period ending November 20, the front-runners in the Saskatchewan Junior Hockey League, maintain their unbeaten record in regulation time so far this season while boasting a mark of 20-0-2-1 on the campaign.
Remaining at No. 2 nationally in the 118-team CJHL, are the surging Brooks Bandits of the Alberta Junior Hockey League.
Brooks have won 13 straight games and sit in top spot among the 16 clubs in the AJHL at 25-1-1-1 overall.
Winners of eight in succession, the Terrebonne Cobras (LHJAAQ) are tabbed No. 3 this week.
Having gone 20-2-0-0 to date, Terrebonne has the best winning percentage in the 13-team Quebec AAA Junior Hockey League at .909.
Meanwhile, a pair of Ontario Junior Hockey League squads sit No. 4 & 5 across the CJHL with the Toronto Jr. Canadiens just ahead of the Collingwood Blues.
Despite a double overtime setback Sunday night, Toronto still paces the OJHL with 44 points on a record of 21-3-1-1 while Collingwood has gone 19-2-0-1 so far this season, with a win mark of .886.
Listed below are the CJHL Top 20 Rankings, as well as the five Honourable Mention clubs, for the period ending Nov. 20:
CJHL TOP 20 (As of Nov. 21, 2022)
RANK TEAM (LEAGUE) (PREVIOUS RANKING)
1. Battlefords North Stars (SJHL) (1)
2. Brooks Bandits (AJHL) (2)
3. Cobras de Terrebonne (LHJAAAQ) (5)
4. Toronto Jr. Canadiens (OJHL) (4)
5. Collingwood Blues (OJHL) (8)
6. Titan de Princeville (LHJAAAQ) (6)
7. Steinbach Pistons (MJHL) (7)
8. Portage Terriers (MJHL) (3)
9. Greater Sudbury Cubs (NOJHL) (12)
10. Haliburton County Huskies (OJHL) (15)
11. Powassan Voodoos (NOJHL) (HM)
12. Spruce Grove Saints (AJHL) (11)
13. Kam River Fighting Walleye (SIJHL) (14)
14. Summerside Western Capitals (MHL) (9)
15. Panthères de St-Jérôme (LHJAAAQ) (16)
16. Ottawa Jr. Senators (CCHL) (17)
17. Smiths Falls Bears (CCHL) (NR)
18. Burlington Cougars (OJHL) (HM)
19. Flin Flon Bombers (SJHL) (13)
20. Humboldt Broncos (SJHL) (20)
HONOURABLE MENTION: Winkler Flyers (MJHL); La Ronge Ice Wolves (SJHL); Milton Menace (OJHL); Truro Bearcats (MHL); Campbellton Tigers (MHL).
ABOUT THE RANKINGS: The CJHL Top 20 Rankings are compiled during the course of the regular season by an independent scouting service and are determined using a variety of factors during the process.
ABOUT THE CJHL: The Canadian Junior Hockey League is a national organization comprised of nine Junior A leagues from Alberta to the Maritimes. The CJHL currently represents 118 teams and well over 2,500 players. There are also 3,000-plus CJHL alumni furthering their hockey careers at the NHL, AHL, ECHL, SPHL, NCAA, U SPORTS and CHL levels across North America as well as leagues across Europe. For the latest CJHL news and features, visit cjhlhockey.com and follow-on social media at @cjhlhockey & facebook.com/
Photo credit: Martin Martinson / battlefords NOW
For more information, contact:
Canadian Junior Hockey League
Director of Communications
Canadian Junior Hockey League