CANADIAN JUNIOR HOCKEY LEAGUE
CJHL Media Update
Release Date: Monday, November 7, 2022
Battlefords North Stars (SJHL) stay No. 1 in CJHL rankings
CALGARY, Alta. – The Battlefords North Stars (SJHL) stay slotted No. 1 nationally in the latest Canadian Junior Hockey League (CJHL) Top 20 Rankings announced Monday for the period concluding November 6.
Even with having a game postponed Sunday due to a heavy snowfall across the province, the front-runners in the Saskatchewan Junior Hockey League have still yet to lose in regulation so far this season, boasting an impressive record on 17-0-1-1.
Up to No. 2 this week, the powerful Brooks Bandits (AJHL) are rolling right along in the Alberta Junior Hockey League.
Brooks, the defending Centennial Cup champions, are a solid 9-1-1-1 through their first 22 outings, including have won seven in succession.
The Manitoba Junior Hockey League’s Steinbach Pistons are next at No. 3 across the 118-team CJHL.
Playing .882 hockey, the Pistons post a 15-2-2-0 mark in the MJHL, and are going off a triumph over the 2023 Centennial Cup-host Portage Terriers (No. 6) Sunday.
A pair of Ontario Junior Hockey League clubs round out the Top 5, as the Toronto Jr. Canadiens are tabbed No. 4 while the Collingwood Blues come in at No. 5.
Toronto sits with an OJHL-best 19 victories to date while Collingwood is second in that department with 16.
The following are the CJHL Top 20 Rankings, as well as the five Honourable Mention clubs, for the period ending Nov. 6:
CJHL TOP 20 (As of Nov. 7, 2022)
RANK TEAM (LEAGUE) (PREVIOUS RANKING)
1. Battlefords North Stars (SJHL) (1)
2. Brooks Bandits (AJHL) (4)
3. Steinbach Pistons (MJHL) (7)
4. Toronto Jr. Canadiens (OJHL) (3)
5. Collingwood Blues (OJHL) (2)
6. Portage Terriers (MJHL) (6)
7. Summerside Western Capitals (MHL) (12)
8. Titan de Princeville (LHJAAAQ) (9)
9. Cobras de Terrebonne (LHJAAAQ) (5)
10. Greater Sudbury Cubs (NOJHL) (11)
11. Milton Menace (OJHL) (10)
12. Haliburton County Huskies (OJHL) (HM)
13. Flin Flon Bombers (SJHL) (17)
14. Kam River Fighting Walleye (SIJHL) (NR)
15. Truro Bearcats (MHL) (HM)
16. Smiths Falls Bears (CCHL) (HM)
17. Spruce Grove Saints (AJHL) (14)
18. Ottawa Jr. Senators (CCHL) (18)
19. Panthères de St-Jérôme (LHJAAAQ) (15)
20. Powassan Voodoos (NOJHL) (NR)
HONOURABLE MENTION: Okotoks Oilers (AJHL); OCN Blizzard (MJHL); Blind River Beavers (NOJHL); Burlington Cougars (OJHL); Cobourg Cougars (OJHL).
ABOUT THE RANKINGS: The CJHL Top 20 Rankings are compiled during the course of the regular season by an independent scouting service and are determined using a variety of factors during the process.
ABOUT THE CJHL: The Canadian Junior Hockey League is a national organization comprised of nine Junior A leagues from Alberta to the Maritimes. The CJHL currently represents 118 teams and well over 2,500 players. There are also 3,000-plus CJHL alumni furthering their hockey careers at the NHL, AHL, ECHL, SPHL, NCAA, U SPORTS and CHL levels across North America as well as leagues across Europe. For the latest CJHL news and features, visit cjhlhockey.com and follow-on social media at @cjhlhockey & facebook.com/