CJHL Media Update
Release Date: Monday, February 14, 2022
AJHL’s Brooks Bandits once again top the table in the latest CJHL Rankings
CALGARY, Alta. – On the verge of securing yet another AJHL regular-season title, the Brooks Bandits roll right along in the No. 1 slot in the most recent Canadian Junior Hockey League (CJHL) Top 20 Rankings, announced Monday.
The front-runners in Alberta boast a more than impressive 47-5-1-1 record in the 16-team AJHL to maintain their hold on top spot in the national listings, which are compiled by an independent scouting service.
Holding firm at No. 2 in the rankings are the Summerside Western Capitals (MHL).
Pacing the pack, among the dozen Jr. A clubs in the Maritimes, Summerside has gone 23-3-0-1 so far on the campaign.
Meanwhile, the No. 3 Ottawa Jr. A Senators (CCHL) stay in their current place in the weekly rankings.
They top the table in the Central Canada Hockey League, having won nine straight outings, with a solid 26-3-1-1 mark entering play this week.
Another surging side, the Kam River Fighting Walleye (SIJHL), have reeled off 15 consecutive victories to hold down the No. 4 placing in the CJHL.
Kam River presently sits with a record of 25-3-1-0.
Collège Français de Longueuil (LHJAAAQ) rounds out the Top 5 in the latest listings.
They have gone 24-3-1-0 in Quebec, to date, and boast a winning percentage of .875.
The following are the latest CJHL Top 20 Rankings, as well as the five Honourable Mention clubs:
CJHL TOP 20 RANKINGS (As of Feb. 14/22)
RANK TEAM (LEAGUE) (Previous ranking)
1. Brooks Bandits (AJHL) (1)
2. Summerside Western Capitals (MHL) (2)
3. Ottawa Jr. A Senators (CCHL) (3)
4. Kam River Fighting Walleye (SIJHL) (4)
5. Collège Français de Longueuil (LHJAAAQ) (5)
6. Panthères de St-Jérôme (LHJAAAQ) (6)
7. Red Lake Miners (SIJHL) (9)
8. Timmins Rock (NOJHL) (8)
9. Estevan Bruins (SJHL) (7)
10. Spruce Grove Saints (AJHL) (11)
11. Hearst Lumberjacks (NOJHL) (19)
12. Steinbach Pistons (MJHL) (17)
13. Humboldt Broncos (SJHL) (12)
14. Powassan Voodoos (NOJHL) (15)
15. North York Rangers (OJHL) (13)
16. Pickering Panthers (OJHL) (20)
17. Dauphin Kings (MJHL) (14)
18. Flin Flon Bombers (MJHL) (HM)
19. Pembroke Lumber Kings (CCHL) (16)
20. Toronto Jr. Canadiens (OJHL) (10)
HONOURABLE MENTION: Fort McMurray Oil Barons (AJHL); Waywayseecappo Wolverines (MJHL); Soo Thunderbirds (NOJHL); Burlington Cougars (OJHL); Trenton Golden Hawks (OJHL).
ABOUT THE RANKINGS: The weekly CJHL Top 20 Rankings are compiled during the season by an independent scouting service and are determined using a variety of factors during the process.
ABOUT THE CJHL: The Canadian Junior Hockey League is a national organization comprised of nine Junior A leagues from Alberta to the Maritimes. The CJHL currently represents 115 teams and well over 2,500 players. There are also 3,000-plus CJHL alumni furthering their hockey careers at the NHL, AHL, ECHL, SPHL, NCAA, U SPORTS and CHL levels across North America as well as leagues across Europe. For the latest CJHL news and features, visit cjhlhockey.com and follow on social media at @cjhlhockey & facebook.com/canadianjuniorhockeyleague.
For more information
Canadian Junior Hockey League
Director of Communications
Canadian Junior Hockey League