CJHL Media Update
Release Date: Monday, November 28, 2022
Battlefords North Stars (SJHL) wrapping up November as No. 1 in CJHL
TORONTO – As November nears a close, the Battlefords North Stars (SJHL) are wrapping up the month by remaining as the No. 1 rated club in the Canadian Junior Hockey League (CJHL) Top 20 Rankings, released Monday.
Still unbeaten in regulation time, so far this season, in the Saskatchewan Junior Hockey League, the North Stars sport a solid 20-0-2-1 record.
Holding firm at No. 2 nationally in the 118-team CJHL are the Brooks Bandits of the Alberta Junior Hockey League.
Topping the table, among the 16 squads in the AJHL, Brooks boasts a 28-1-1-1 mark and have won 16 straight games.
Winners of nine in succession, the Terrebonne Cobras (LHJAAAQ) stay at No. 3 this week in the listings among the CJHL’s nine-member leagues.
Terrebonne are playing .913 hockey in the Quebec AAA Junior Hockey League at the moment, having gone 21-2-0-0 in their first 23 outings of 2022-23.
Meanwhile, a couple of highly competitive Ontario Junior Hockey League sides sit No. 4 & 5 in the rankings.
The Toronto Jr. Canadiens are slotted fourth and became the initial OJHL team to reach 50 points, with their record of 24-3-1-1.
Right behind them in fifth in the CJHL are the Collingwood Blues, who sit with 20-3-0-1
numbers on their regular season ledger.
Listed below are the latest CJHL Top 20 Rankings, as well as the five Honourable Mention clubs, for the period ending Nov. 27:
CJHL TOP 20 (As of Nov. 28, 2022)
RANK TEAM (LEAGUE) (PREVIOUS RANKING)
1. Battlefords North Stars (SJHL) (1)
2. Brooks Bandits (AJHL) (2)
3. Cobras de Terrebonne (LHJAAAQ) (3)
4. Toronto Jr. Canadiens (OJHL) (4)
5. Collingwood Blues (OJHL) (5)
6. Steinbach Pistons (MJHL) (7)
7. Greater Sudbury Cubs (NOJHL) (9)
8. Titan de Princeville (LHJAAAQ) (6)
9. Portage Terriers (MJHL) (8)
10. Ottawa Jr. Senators (CCHL) (16)
11. Spruce Grove Saints (AJHL) (12)
12. Haliburton County Huskies (OJHL) (10)
13. Kam River Fighting Walleye (SIJHL) (13)
14. Timmins Rock (NOJHL) (NR)
15. Milton Menace (OJHL) (HM)
16. Navan Grads (CCHL) (NR)
17. Panthères de St-Jérôme (LHJAAAQ) (15)
18. Flin Flon Bombers (SJHL) (19)
19. Truro Bearcats (MHL) (HM)
20. Yarmouth Jr. A Mariners (MHL) (NR)
HONOURABLE MENTION: La Ronge Ice Wolves (SJHL); Winkler Flyers (MJHL); Hearst Lumberjacks (NOJHL); Wellington Dukes (OJHL); Collège Français de Longueuil (LHJAAAQ).
ABOUT THE RANKINGS: The CJHL Top 20 Rankings are compiled during the course of the regular season by an independent scouting service and are determined using a variety of factors during the process.
ABOUT THE CJHL: The Canadian Junior Hockey League is a national organization comprised of nine Junior A leagues from Alberta to the Maritimes. The CJHL currently represents 118 teams and well over 2,500 players. There are also 3,000-plus CJHL alumni furthering their hockey careers at the NHL, AHL, ECHL, SPHL, NCAA, U SPORTS and CHL levels across North America as well as leagues across Europe. For the latest CJHL news and features, visit cjhlhockey.com and follow-on social media at @cjhlhockey & facebook.com/
For more information, contact:
Canadian Junior Hockey League
Director of Communications
Canadian Junior Hockey League