CANADIAN JUNIOR HOCKEY LEAGUE
CJHL Media Update
Release Date: Monday, January 30, 2023
Battlefords (SJHL) back to No. 1 in CJHL Top 20 Rankings
TORONTO – Returning to form with three solid victories last week, the Battlefords North Stars (SJHL) have restored their perch atop of the latest Canadian Junior Hockey League (CJHL) Top 20 Rankings, released Monday.
The Jr. A front-runner in Saskatchewan now sits with a SJHL-best mark of 37-3-2-1 to date while pacing the 12-team loop in goals-scored and having allowed the fewest against, by game percentage.
Despite a couple of recent setbacks, le Cobras de Terrebonne (LHJAAAQ) are still a solid 32-4-0-0 among the 13 clubs that comprise the league in Quebec and are tabbed No. 2 nationally in the 118-team CJHL.
At No. 3 in the listings, which are compiled weekly by an independent scouting service, are the Toronto Jr. Canadiens (OJHL).
TJC sports an .884 winning percentage, along with a record of 37-4-1-1 to pace the pack in the southern Ontario.
Slotted at No. 4 are the defending Centennial Cup title holders, the Brooks Bandits (AJHL).
They sit 45-5-1-1 in Alberta and are well on the way to capturing another AJHL regular season crown, with a dozen contests remaining on their slate.
Then there are the Collingwood Blues (OJHL) who are slotted No. 5 nationally.
Collingwood leads their conference and sit second overall in the OJHL with a record of 37-6-0-1.
The following are the current CJHL Top 20 Rankings, as well as the five Honourable Mention clubs, for the period ending January 29:
CJHL TOP 20 (As of Jan. 30, 2023)
RANK TEAM (LEAGUE) (PREVIOUS RANKING)
1. Battlefords North Stars (SJHL) (4)
2. Cobras de Terrebonne (LHJAAAQ) (1)
3. Toronto Jr. Canadiens (OJHL) (2)
4. Brooks Bandits (AJHL) (3)
5. Collingwood Blues (OJHL) (5)
6. Greater Sudbury Cubs (NOJHL) (6)
7. Spruce Grove Saints (AJHL) (8)
8. Ottawa Jr. Senators (CCHL) (6)
9. Portage Terriers (MJHL) (10)
10. Timmins Rock (NOJHL) (11)
11. Yarmouth Jr. A Mariners (MHL) (9)
12. Haliburton County Huskies (OJHL) (12)
13. Steinbach Pistons (MJHL) (12)
14. Kam River Fighting Walleye (SIJHL) (17)
15. Collège Français de Longueuil (LJHAAAQ) (18)
16. Georgetown Raiders (OJHL) (HM)
17. Hearst Lumberjacks (NOJHL) (15)
18. Humboldt Broncos (SJHL) (NR)
19. Winkler Flyers (MJHL) (NR)
20. Flin Flon Bombers (MJHL) (HM)
HONOURABLE MENTION: Okotoks Oilers (AJHL); Burlington Cougars (OJHL); Wellington Dukes (OJHL); Navan Grads (CCHL); Edmundston Blizzard (MHL).
ABOUT THE RANKINGS: The CJHL Top 20 Rankings are compiled during the course of the regular season by an independent scouting service and are determined using a variety of factors during the process.
ABOUT THE CJHL: The Canadian Junior Hockey League is a national organization comprised of nine Junior A leagues from Alberta to the Maritimes. The CJHL currently represents 118 teams and well over 2,500 players. There are also 3,000-plus CJHL alumni furthering their hockey careers at the NHL, AHL, ECHL, SPHL, NCAA, U SPORTS and CHL levels across North America as well as leagues across Europe. For the latest CJHL news and features, visit cjhlhockey.com and follow-on social media at @cjhlhockey & facebook.com/
Photo credit: Martin Martinson / battlefords NOW
For more information, contact:
Canadian Junior Hockey League
Director of Communications
Canadian Junior Hockey League