CANADIAN JUNIOR HOCKEY LEAGUE
CJHL Media Update
Release Date: Monday, January 23, 2023
LHJAAAQ’s Cobras de Terrebonne new No. 1 in CJHL rankings
TORONTO – The latest Canadian Junior Hockey League (CJHL) Top 20 Rankings, released Monday, sees the Cobras de Terrebonne (LHJAAAQ) tabbed No. 1 nationally.
Having gone on an impressive 19-1 run in their past 20 games, as well as sporting a 31-3-0-0 overall mark, Terrebonne tops the table in the weekly listings, which are compiled by an independent scouting service.
Another surging side, the Toronto Jr. Canadiens (OJHL) come in at No. 2 in the 118-team CJHL.
The Jr. Canadiens have gone 36-3-1-1 to date and have won 15 consecutive contests.
Holding firm at No. 3 are the defending Centennial Cup-champion Brooks Bandits (AJHL).
Brooks paces the pack in the 16-team AJHL with a record of 40-4-1-1.
Dipping to No. 4 nationally, following a lengthy stint leading the rankings, are the Battlefords North Stars (SJHL).
Despite a recent blemish to their record, the North Stars are still comfortably in first place among the 12 clubs in Saskatchewan at 34-3-2-1.
Rounding out the Top 5 in the country are the Collingwood Blues (OJHL).
The Blues are playing over .800 hockey and enter play this week having gone 32-6-0-1 on the season.
The following are the current CJHL Top 20 Rankings, as well as the five Honourable Mention clubs, for the period ending January 22:
CJHL TOP 20 (As of Jan. 23, 2023)
RANK TEAM (LEAGUE) (PREVIOUS RANKING)
1. Cobras de Terrebonne (LHJAAAQ) (2)
2. Toronto Jr. Canadiens (OJHL) (4)
3. Brooks Bandits (AJHL) (3)
4. Battlefords North Stars (SJHL) (1)
5. Collingwood Blues (OJHL) (5)
6. Ottawa Jr. Senators (CCHL) (6)
7. Greater Sudbury Cubs (NOJHL) (7)
8. Spruce Grove Saints (AJHL) (8)
9. Yarmouth Jr. A Mariners (MHL) (15)
10. Portage Terriers (MJHL) (10)
11. Timmins Rock (NOJHL) (13)
12. Steinbach Pistons (MJHL) (9)
13. Haliburton County Huskies (OJHL) (12)
14. Titan de Princeville (LHJAAAQ) (11)
15. Hearst Lumberjacks (NOJHL) (17)
16. Wellington Dukes (OJHL) (NR)
17. Kam River Fighting Walleye (SIJHL) (14)
18. Collège Français de Longueuil (LJHAAAQ) (18)
19. Navan Grads (CCHL) (HM)
20. Humboldt Broncos (SJHL) (NR)
HONOURABLE MENTION: Whitecourt Wolverines (AJHL); Flin Flon Bombers (SJHL); Burlington Cougars (OJHL); Georgetown Raiders (OJHL); Edmundston Blizzard (MHL).
ABOUT THE RANKINGS: The CJHL Top 20 Rankings are compiled during the course of the regular season by an independent scouting service and are determined using a variety of factors during the process.
ABOUT THE CJHL: The Canadian Junior Hockey League is a national organization comprised of nine Junior A leagues from Alberta to the Maritimes. The CJHL currently represents 118 teams and well over 2,500 players. There are also 3,000-plus CJHL alumni furthering their hockey careers at the NHL, AHL, ECHL, SPHL, NCAA, U SPORTS and CHL levels across North America as well as leagues across Europe. For the latest CJHL news and features, visit cjhlhockey.com and follow-on social media at @cjhlhockey & facebook.com/
For more information, contact:
Canadian Junior Hockey League
Director of Communications
Canadian Junior Hockey League