CJHL Media Update
Release Date: Monday, March 14, 2022
Mid-March edition of CJHL Rankings announced
CALGARY, Alta. – The Canadian Junior Hockey League (CJHL) announced Monday its latest Top 20 Rankings.
Maintaining the No. 1 slot in the listings, which are compiled via an independent scouting service, are the Brooks Bandits (AJHL).
The regular-season title holders in Alberta are gearing up to begin their opening playoff series later this week.
At No. 2 once again is Collège Français de Longueuil.
The front-runners in Quebec boast an LHJAAAQ-best record of 31-4-1-0.
Over in the Maritimes, the Summerside Western Capitals (MHL) are rolling along nicely at 29-4-1-1 and have a 13-point cushion in their quest to claim the top seed for their upcoming playoffs.
Moving to No. 4 nationally are the Ottawa Jr. A Senators (CCHL).
Through their first 44 games, the Jr. A Sens have reeled off 35 victories against just five defeats in regulation along with a pair of setbacks each in either overtime or a shootout.
Rounding out the Top 5 are the Spruce Grove Saints (AJHL).
They are ready to commence playoff action Friday as they take on the upset-minded Whitecourt Wolverines in a best-of-seven affair that gets underway Friday.
The following are the latest CJHL Top 20 Rankings, as well as the five Honourable Mention clubs:
CJHL TOP 20 RANKINGS (As of March 14/22)
RANK TEAM (LEAGUE) (Previous ranking)
1. Brooks Bandits (AJHL) (1)
2. Collège Français de Longueuil (LHJAAAQ) (2)
3. Summerside Western Capitals (MHL) (3)
4. Ottawa Jr. A Senators (CCHL) (6)
5. Spruce Grove Saints (AJHL) (5)
6. Kam River Fighting Walleye (SIJHL) (4)
7. Soo Thunderbirds (NOJHL) (7)
8. Red Lake Miners (SIJHL) (8)
9. Steinbach Pistons (MJHL) (10)
10. Estevan Bruins (SJHL) (11)
11. Humboldt Broncos (SJHL) (12)
12. Timmins Rock (NOJHL) (18)
13. Dauphin Kings (MJHL) (14)
14. Pickering Panthers (OJHL) (13)
15. Toronto Jr. Canadiens (OJHL) (19)
16. Hearst Lumberjacks (NOJHL) (9)
17. Panthères de St-Jérôme (LHJAAAQ) (16)
18. Burlington Cougars (OJHL) (15)
19. Milton Menace (OJHL) (HM)
20. Hawkesbury Hawks (CCHL) (17)
HONOURABLE MENTION: Powassan Voodoos (NOJHL); Soo Eagles (NOJHL); North York Rangers (OJHL); Trenton Golden Hawks (OJHL); Yarmouth Jr. A Mariners (MHL).
ABOUT THE RANKINGS: The weekly CJHL Top 20 Rankings are compiled during the season by an independent scouting service and are determined using a variety of factors during the process.
ABOUT THE CJHL: The Canadian Junior Hockey League is a national organization comprised of nine Junior A leagues from Alberta to the Maritimes. The CJHL currently represents 115 teams and well over 2,500 players. There are also 3,000-plus CJHL alumni furthering their hockey careers at the NHL, AHL, ECHL, SPHL, NCAA, U SPORTS and CHL levels across North America as well as leagues across Europe. For the latest CJHL news and features, visit cjhlhockey.com and follow on social media at @cjhlhockey & facebook.com/
For more information, contact:
Canadian Junior Hockey League
Director of Communications
Canadian Junior Hockey League