FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Truro, N.S. (December 17, 2020) – The Maritime Junior Hockey League’s (MHL) six Nova Scotia teams will each pause their schedules for three weeks following the completion of their pre-Christmas games this coming weekend. The Nova Scotia government announced on Wednesday that that current restrictions in areas of Halifax Regional Municipality (HRM) and Hants County are being extended, and new restrictions will be in place province-wide over the holidays to curb the spread of COVID-19. Among the new rules, sports practices are limited to 25 participants without physical distancing, but games and tournaments are not permitted. These new changes begin on December 21st and will be in place until January 10th.
As a result, the following games will be postponed:
- December 30th – Valley at South Shore
- January 2nd – Pictou County at Truro
- January 2nd – South Shore at Valley
- January 2nd – Amherst at Yarmouth
- January 3rd – Amherst at Valley
- January 7th – South Shore at Pictou County
- January 8th – Amherst at Truro
- January 8th – Valley at Yarmouth
- January 9th – Yarmouth at Amherst
- January 9th – Valley at Truro
In addition, due to ongoing restrictions surrounding COVID-19 on Prince Edward Island, the Summerside Western Capitals have announced they will postpone the following games:
- December 31st – Miramichi at Summerside
- January 2nd – Campbellton at Summerside
An announcement will be made when these games are rescheduled.
The MHL will continue to work with provincial health officials and other stakeholders to ensure the safety of fans, players, and staff as we navigate through the COVID-19 pandemic together.
Director of Communications
Maritime Hockey League