CANADIAN JUNIOR HOCKEY LEAGUE
CJHL Media Update
Release Date: Monday, November 1, 2021
Brooks Bandits (AJHL) move to No. 1 in CJHL Top 20 Rankings
CALGARY, Alta. – As competition in the Canadian Junior Hockey League (CJHL) hits November, there is a familiar team back on top of its Top 20 Rankings, announced Monday.
The Brooks Bandits (AJHL) are tabbed No. 1 nationally this week as they continue their winning ways out in Alberta.
A perennial power, Brooks has reeled off 14 consecutive victories in the AJHL and are an impressive 15-1 on the season.
Moving to No. 2 in the listings, which are compiled by an independent scouting service, are the Timmins Rock (NOJHL).
Boasting a league-best winning percentage in northern Ontario of .885, the Rock boast a solid 11-1-1-0 mark through two months of play.
Also making a jump in the rankings, are the Summerside Western Capitals (MHL) as they come in slotted at No. 3 in the country.
Billy McGuigan’s club tops the table in the Maritimes on the campaign with a 9-1-0-1 run to date.
At No. 4 is the Steinbach Pistons (MJHL), who are playing .857-hockey in Manitoba.
Through their opening 14 contests, Steinbach has gone 12-2-0-0.
Wrapping up the Top 5 are the Trenton Golden Hawks (OJHL).
Despite dropping their initial games of the season last week, the Golden Hawks are a more than respectable 10-1-0-2 in the OJHL heading into the new month.
The following are the latest CJHL Top 20 Rankings:
CJHL TOP 20 RANKINGS (As of Nov. 1)
RANK TEAM (LEAGUE) (Previous ranking)
1. Brooks Bandits (AJHL) (2)
2. Timmins Rock (NOJHL) (4)
3. Summerside Western Capitals (MHL) (8)
4. Steinbach Pistons (MJHL) (5)
5. Trenton Golden Hawks (OJHL) (1)
6. Ottawa Jr. A Senators (CCHL) (3)
7. Panthères de St-Jérôme (LHJAAAQ) (13)
8. Burlington Cougars (OJHL) (7)
9. Georgetown Raiders (OJHL) 11)
10. Condors Beauce-Appalaches (LHJAAAQ) (12)
11. Bonnyville Pontiacs (AJHL) (NR)
12. Dauphin Kings (MJHL) (HM)
13. Soo Thunderbirds (NOJHL) (18)
14. Powassan Voodoos (NOJHL) (NR)
15. Winnipeg Blues (MJHL) (HM)
16. Humboldt Broncos (SJHL) (16)
17. Spruce Grove Saints (AJHL) (20)
18. Red Lake Miners (SIJHL) (NR)
19. Fort McMurray Oil Barons(AJHL) (NR)
20. Campbellton Tigers (MHL) (17)
HONOURABLE MENTION: Flin Flon Bombers (SJHL); Navan Grads (CCHL); Collège Français de Longueuil (LHJAAAQ); Thunder Bay North Stars (SIJHL); Kam River Fighting Walleye (SIJHL).
ABOUT THE RANKINGS: The weekly CJHL Top 20 Rankings are compiled during the seasons by an independent scouting service and are determined using a variety of factors during the process.
ABOUT THE CJHL: The Canadian Junior Hockey League is a national organization comprised of nine Junior A leagues from Alberta to the Maritimes. The CJHL currently represents 115 teams and well over 2,500 players. There are also 3,000-plus CJHL alumni furthering their hockey careers at the NHL, AHL, ECHL, SPHL, NCAA, U SPORTS, and CHL levels across North America as well as leagues across Europe. For the latest CJHL news and features, visit cjhlhockey.com and follow on social media at @cjhlhockey & facebook.com/canadianjuniorhockeyleague.
For more information, contact:
Canadian Junior Hockey League
Director of Communications
Canadian Junior Hockey League