The South Shore Lumberjacks Hockey Club operate the South Shore Junior A Lumberjacks of the Maritime Hockey League, the South Shore Major Bantam Lumberjacks of the Nova Scotia Major Bantam Hockey League as well as Junior Lumberjacks Spring hockey programs on the South Shore of Nova Scotia.
The South Shore Lumberjacks Hockey Club, founded in 2008 in Bridgewater is currently seeking a Sales & Marketing Manager to join their organization. The Sales and Marketing Manager will report directly to the General Manager and will oversee all revenue development, marketing and game day operations for the Hockey Club and represent the Lumberjacks in the community.
- The ability to create and execute sponsorship and advertising sales
- Ability to network confidently
- Passionate about hockey and making a difference in the community
- Advance working knowledge and experience with working with computers, smart phones and MS office software.
- Highly motivated, takes initiative, and able to work independently on multiple projects and tasks in a fast- paced environment
- Oversee Game day operations
- Some evening and weekend work
- Must possess a class 5 drivers licence with a clean driving abstract
- Meet or exceed weekly, monthly and long term sales goals in the areas of advertising and sponsorship with an emphasis on season tickets, group and partial-plan ticket packages.
Identify new business opportunities and actively prospect and research new sales leads.
- Create and maintain relationships with area companies, individuals and groups to sell advertising and sponsorships, with an emphasis on season, group and partial-plan ticket packages to a variety of corporate prospects via the phone and face-to-face presentations.
- Maximize all internal media assets, including scoreboard, emails, social media, etc. to drive revenue and registration for programs.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement various marketing and ticket sales strategies, including promotion, pricing, distribution, and product development.
- Increase profitability of ticketing programs through financial analysis and market research, and subsequently incorporate new revenue generating marketing programs.
- Establish and maintain all budgets relating to ticket sales, with an emphasis on cost reduction and revenue maximization. Meet or exceed budgeted goals.
- Assist at games and other special events with supervision and delivery of promotional functions as required.
- Work within a team environment to develop and achieve common team goals.
- Assist with other duties as required, including but not limited to ticket or sponsorship sales and service, staff training, digital media content creation and distribution, and support of the hockey operations department
The position will be a full time contract consisting of a base salary plus commission.
Apply Directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.