Game 1 – Saturday, March 31st, 7:30PM – Centre Jean-Daigle
Game 2 – Sunday, April 1st, 7:30PM – Centre Jean-Daigle
Game 3 – Tuesday, April 3rd, 7:00PM –Credit Union Place
Game 4 – Wednesday, April 4th 7:00PM – Credit Union Place
Game 5 – Saturday, April 7th, 7:30PM – Centre Jean-Daigle*
Game 6 – Monday, April 9th, 7:00PM – Credit Union Place*
Game 7 – Wednesday, April 11th, 7:30PM – Centre Jean-Daigle*
|Semi-Final Result||Defeated Miramichi 4-0||Defeated Campbellton 4-1|
|Previous Appearance in Division Final||2016 (as Dieppe Commandos – defeated Summerside 4-2)||2017 (lost 4-0 to Miramichi)|
|Playoff Goals For per game (MHL Rank)*||3.5 (2nd)||3.20 (3rd)|
|Playoff Goals Against per game (MHL Rank)*||2.50 (3rd)||1.60 (1st)|
|Playoff Top Scorer (MHL Rank)||Logan Johnston (4-3-7) & Alexandre Jacob (3-4-7 – T-9th)||TJ Shea (3-4-7) & Brodie MacArthur (0-7-7 – T- 9th)|
|Playoff Top Scoring Defenseman||Alexandre Bernier (1-2-3)||Jordan Spence (3-2-5)|
|Playoff Goaltender Stats||Myles Hektor (4-0, 2.50GAA, .918SV%)||Alex Bishop (4-0, 1.06GAA, .971SV%)|
|Head to Head Record||4-0-0-0, 8 pts, 21 GF||2-4-0-0, 4 pts, 23 GF|
|Leading Scorer in Season Series||Alexandre Jacob (1G, 6A)||TJ Shea (4G, 10A)|
*MHL Rank among remaining playoff teams only
Edmundston 7 @ Summerside 4 – October 15th
Summerside 2 @ Edmundston 3 – October 28th
Summerside 5 @ Edmundston 6 – October 29th
Summerside 3 @ Edmundston 4 – December 15th
Edmundston 0 @ Summerside 4 – January 25th
Edmundston 1 @ Summerside 5 – February 8th
- Although this is the initial playoff meeting between the Blizzard and Western Capitals, this is far for the first clash between the two franchises. Prior to their relocation to Edmundston this year, the Western Capitals faced the then-Dieppe Commandos four times since 2009. Summerside took three of those four series.
- In a twist on irony, it was the Western Capitals’ six game victory over the Commandos in the Eastlink North Division Semi-Final last spring that signaled the end of the franchises’ time in Dieppe.
- Despite being the only team to sweep their first round series, the Blizzard have yet to score first in a game in the postseason to date.
- The Blizzard are an excellent example of the importance of winning games within your own division. The club’s four victories to open the season series against Summerside eventually played a vital role in their ability to clinch the Eastlink North Division regular season title by nine points over the Western Capitals.
- As was the case during their playoff run last year, the Western Capitals relied heavily on a change between the pipes during the first round. Alex Bishop spelled MHL Goaltender of the Year Dominik Tmej partway through Game 1 and was spectacular, posting a 1.06 GAA and .971 save percentage in winning four straight games.
- For the 13th straight season, one of either the Miramichi Timberwolves or the Summerside Western Capitals have reached the division final. The last time neither made an appearance was in 2005, when the Campbellton Tigers defeated the Moncton Beavers in five games.