CANADIAN JUNIOR HOCKEY LEAGUE
CJHL Media Update
Release Date: Monday, December 5, 2022
Initial CJHL rankings for December see Battlefords North Stars still No. 1
TORONTO – It’s a new month, but the same team still tops the initial Canadian Junior Hockey League (CJHL) Top 20 Rankings of December.
In the national listings, announced Monday, the Battlefords North Stars (SJHL) remain the top-ranked side in the 118-team CJHL.
Battlefords has yet to taste defeat in regulation time so far in Saskatchewan, boasting a solid 22-0-2-1 record to date.
Equally as impressive has been the play of the No. 2-tabbed squad in the country, the Brooks Bandits (AJHL).
The Jr. A front-runner in Alberta has a 16-point cushion on their nearest rival with their notable 30-1-1-1 mark.
Equally as solid, le Cobras de Terrebonne (LHJAAAQ) have reeled off 10 straight victories in Quebec and top the table in the 13-team loop with a record of 23-2-0-0.
At No. 4 in the CJHL, the Toronto Jr. Canadiens have reached the 25-win plateau on the campaign (25-3-1-1) and are a perfect 16-0 as the visiting team.
Winners of seven in succession, the Steinbach Pistons (MJHL) have moved up to No. 5 in the rankings this week.
Steinbach currently leads the way in Manitoba, having gone 22-4-0-0 overall.
Listed below are the latest CJHL Top 20 Rankings, as well as the five Honourable Mention clubs, for the period ending Dec. 4:
CJHL TOP 20 (As of Dec. 5, 2022)
RANK TEAM (LEAGUE) (PREVIOUS RANKING)
1. Battlefords North Stars (SJHL) (1)
2. Brooks Bandits (AJHL) (2)
3. Cobras de Terrebonne (LHJAAAQ) (3)
4. Toronto Jr. Canadiens (OJHL) (4)
5. Steinbach Pistons (MJHL) (6)
6. Collingwood Blues (OJHL) (5)
7. Greater Sudbury Cubs (NOJHL) (7)
8. Ottawa Jr. Senators (CCHL) (10)
9. Haliburton County Huskies (OJHL) (12)
10. Portage Terriers (MJHL) (9)
11. Titan de Princeville (LHJAAAQ) (8)
12. Spruce Grove Saints (AJHL) (11)
13. Kam River Fighting Walleye (SIJHL) (13)
14. Timmins Rock (NOJHL) (14)
15. Wellington Dukes (OJHL) (HM)
16. Winkler Flyers (MJHL) (HM)
17. Navan Grads (CCHL) (16)
18. Hearst Lumberjacks (NOJHL) (HM)
19. Yarmouth Jr. A Mariners (MHL) (20)
20. Humboldt Broncos (SJHL) (NR)
HONOURABLE MENTION: Whitecourt Wolverines (AJHL); La Ronge Ice Wolves (SJHL); Truro Bearcats (MHL); Cobourg Cougars (OJHL) Edmundston Blizzard (MHL).
ABOUT THE RANKINGS: The CJHL Top 20 Rankings are compiled during the course of the regular season by an independent scouting service and are determined using a variety of factors during the process.
ABOUT THE CJHL: The Canadian Junior Hockey League is a national organization comprised of nine Junior A leagues from Alberta to the Maritimes. The CJHL currently represents 118 teams and well over 2,500 players. There are also 3,000-plus CJHL alumni furthering their hockey careers at the NHL, AHL, ECHL, SPHL, NCAA, U SPORTS and CHL levels across North America as well as leagues across Europe. For the latest CJHL news and features, visit cjhlhockey.com and follow-on social media at @cjhlhockey & facebook.com/canadianjuniorhockeyleague.
Photo credit: Martin Martinson / battlefords NOW
For more information, contact:
Canadian Junior Hockey League
Director of Communications
Canadian Junior Hockey League